The Rangatira E Trust was established in 1982 under section 438 of the Maori Affairs Act 1953. It continues as an Ahu Whenua Trust under Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993. The first meeting of Owners of the Trust was on the 29 th October 1982. Representatives from the Department of Maori Affairs, Lands & Survey Dept., and the Maori Land Board attended that meeting and gave their final reports on their administration of the farm. The new trustees inherited a debt of $154,281 and in their first year made a profit of $66,655 and paid the owners their first dividend of $24,371.
In 1987 a residential subdivision of a 6 hectare corner of the farm was undertaken. This piece of land was cutoff from the main farm property by a storm water channel. 32 sections were developed, and only one remains. The owners have decided that the last section shall not be sold.
The Trust lands now comprise 994 hectares and are located at Acacia Bay on the western shores of Lake Taupo, in the central North Island.
There are 1,820 owners in the Trust. Successions to ownership are processed through the Maori Land Court.
For information on successions go to www.courts.govt.nz/maorilandcourt/
Copies of the full Annual Reports and Financial Statements are available to owners on request. Please Contact Us .